As much as I love Autumn and all the roast vegetables and casseroles that come with it I have been missing Summer recently so I created this salad to bring a taste of the Mediterranean back into my life, even if just for one lunchtime.
15 minute Israeli couscous caprese salad
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 50g dry Israeli couscous
- 150 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50g mozzarella, cut into bite sized chunks
- 30g spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 handful of basil, roughly chopped
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 veg stock cube
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees.
- Lay out the tomatoes on a baking tray and drizzle over 1 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast the tomatoes for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the stock cube and stir until dissolved. Add the couscous to the pan and cook for 10 minutes or until soft.
- When the couscous is cooked through drain it and then run it under water for around a minute to cool it down a little.
- Place the couscous in a bowl, mix it together with the olive oil, salt and pepper and then stir in the remaining ingredients: lemon zest, tomatoes, mozzarella, spinach and basil until they are evenly distributed. Taste a spoonful of it and adjust seasoning and lemon zest to your taste.
- Sprinkle over any remaining basil and then serve!
Around The Globe