almond french toast
- 6 (1 inch-thick) French bread slices (I used brioche)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur (optional – yes please!)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (toasted)
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup, warmed
- Arrange the bread slices in a 13×9 inch baking dish. Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, almond and vanilla extracts and the almond liqueur. Pour the egg mixture over the bread slices. Let the bread soak for 5 minutes, then carefully turn the slices over. Cover the pan and chill overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Melt the butter in a jelly roll pan large enough to hold the bread slices. Add the soaked bread slices and bake for 15 minutes. Turn each slice and bake another 8 – 10 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and garnish with a dusting of powdered sugar. Serve with maple syrup.
© Copyright 16 July, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved