- Cook Time: 1 hour 5min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cake Batter:
- 1 cup (130 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (55 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) buttermilk or low-fat plain yogurt, room temperature
- 3 Granny Smith, Rome, Braeburn apples (or a combo), peeled, cored and cut into ⅛ inch slices
- whisk the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat 3 minutes or until lighter in color and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat on medium until combined.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Beat just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and level it smooth.
- Arrange the apple slices evenly on top of the cake batter.
- Bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer cake to a cooling rack to cool.
- Serve cake warm or at room temperature with a scoop of ice cream or real whipped cream on top.
- Drizzle with salted caramel sauce, if desired.
Around The Globe