Apples and carrots create the most delicious little muffin you could ever imagine. These babies are moist and yummy and will not last long in your kitchen. Great as a snack, breakfast or dessert!
Apple Carrot Cake Muffins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice (substitution: 1 tsp. cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded apples (from ~1 large or 2 small)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots (from ~4 large)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with cupcake wrappers; set aside. Combine the butter, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, apple pie spice and salt and mix well. Gradually add to the butter-sugar bowl until combined. Fold in the shredded apples and carrots. Pour into prepared muffin tins, filling each 3/4 of the way full.
- In a small bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons of butter, 1/2 cup of flour and 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Mix with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over the tops of the muffins and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Serve warm with butter!
Around The Globe