Soft and fluffy whole wheat muffins with fresh sweet potato and apple bake up a delicious breakfast. These tiny, wholesome treats are full of warm flavors… and kids love them, too!
Apple Cinnamon Sweet Potato Mini Muffins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or half all-purpose, half whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (two 4-oz. cups) or plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated raw sweet potato or carrot
- 1 apple, coarsely grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 mini muffin cups, or 12 regular muffin cups, with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a smaller bowl, whisk eggs, oil, applesauce and vanilla. Add to flour mixture and stir until well combined. Fold in grated sweet potato and apple.
- Spoon into lined muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Bake for 13-15 minutes (for mini muffins) or 20-25 minutes (full-sized muffins), until golden and springy to the touch.
Around The Globe