Apple French Toast Roll-Ups
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: medium
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut in small pieces
- 1/2 tsp (1.5g) cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10ml) lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45ml) milk
- 10-12 toast bread slices
- 4 oz (120g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (67g) sugar
- 1 tsp (3g) ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (28g) butter, for cooking
- Place apple pieces, cinnamon and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Cook over low-heat for about 3 minutes, until apples start to soften. Transfer apples into a bowl and set aside to cool until ready to use.
- In a bowl combine sugar with cinnamon and set aside. In another bowl beat eggs with milk and set aside.
- Remove crust from each slice of bread and flatten using a rolling pin.
- Spread cream cheese evenly on each slice of bread.
- Add about 1-2 tsp of apples and roll up each slice.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and melt about 1 tbsp of butter.
- Dip each roll in egg mixture and cook on each side until golden brown. Cook 3-4 roll at a time. Clean the pan slightly with a paper towel and repeat until all rolls are cooked.
- Roll into the sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Serve warm and dip in maple syrup if desired.
Around The Globe