Vegan Asparagus Pizza
- 1/2lb asparagus (about 5 thick stalks)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 150g ricotta cheese (about 3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (minced)
- 8 basil leaves (about 2 Tbsp of finely chopped leaves)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 500 gram package of fresh pizza dough (or homemade dough rolled and stretched to make a 12-14 inch crust)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F, with a pizza stone or a baking sheet in the oven while preheating.
- Holding the asparagus by the thick, woody end use a vegetable peeler to shave each spear into 1/8″ shavings. Toss with 1 tsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp of salt and set aside
- Combine ricotto cheese, parmesan cheese, chives, basil and 1/4 tsp salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Place rolled/stretched dough on the back of a lightly floured baking sheet (this allows for easy transfer of the raw pizza on to the hot preheated stone/baking sheet). Brush remaining 2 tsp of olive oil over surface of uncooked pizza crust. Spread cheese mixture over surface of dough, leaving a 1/2″ border. Top with shaved asparagus.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until crust is browned and asparagus is beginning to char.
© Copyright 25 June, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved