So zucchini noodles, zoodles, whatever you may call them (I’m sure you have a name because you are so far ahead of me), I am just now trying them out.I know! Where have I been? Everyone is all “yay cloud eggs” and I’m like can we just slow down and go back to last year’s veggie noodle revolution for just a bit. I need to catch up!
I bought this Noodle making contraption called a “veggetti,” which I’m seriously not mature enough to own and not because of how it’s used as much as the name, in order to start a personal veggie noodle revival. I guess it’s too soon to consider them a vintage food…
So here we are with my version of zucchini noodles, which are covered, smothered really, in a creamy avocado pesto sauce and topped with some, okay a lot of parmesan cheese. Oil + cheese is some kind of heaven right? Right!
Avocado Pesto Zucchini Noodles
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 4 large Zucchini (spiralized)
- 1 medium Avocado
- 1 cup Fresh Basil Leaves (stems removed)
- 2 tablespoons Pine Nuts
- 1 large Garlic Clove
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (Grated)
- 3 small Radishes (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Broccoli Sprouts (*optional)
- Spiralize all the Zucchini into noodles and place in a heat-proof glass bowl. Heat in the microwave for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the noodles begin to soften.
- Place the Avocado, Basil, 1 tablespoon of Pine Nuts, Garlic, Olive Oil, and 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese into a Food Processor and pulse until mixed but still has a slight texture. Toss the pesto sauce with the zucchini noodles.
- Divide the noodles between 4 plates and top with the Radishes, additional Parmesan Cheese, Sprouts, and additional Pine Nuts.