Enjoy these healthy, dairy free Avocado Raspberry Lime Muffins for breakfast, brunch or snack anytime.
Avocado Raspberry Lime Muffins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, deseeded
- ½ cup cashew nuts
- 120 ml water (a little less than half a cup)
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 170 g self-raising flour (approx. 1 cup and a quarter)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3.5 heaped tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (I used rapeseed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Demerara sugar for sprinkling on top
- Combine the cashews with the water and leave to soak overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F/ 200 C/ gas mark 6. Line a muffin pan with 8 muffin cases. Set aside.
- Combine the flour with the baking powder and stir thoroughly.
- Puree the cashews (as well as the water) with the avocado and lime juice.
- In a large bowl beat the egg, sugar and oil until smooth and a little lighter in colour. Add the vanilla extract, lime zest and the avocado mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- Add the raspberries and flour mixture and stir only until the flour is no longer visible. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases, sprinkle each muffin with a little demerara sugar and bake for 36 minutes. Remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack. Yields 8 large muffins.