Bacon Wrapped Smoked Chicken Lollipops
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 10 slices of bacon
- Peel the skin off the chicken drumsticks.
- Mix together the soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, garlic and cayenne. Pour over chicken and toss to coat evenly. Place in the fridge to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- After marinating, drain the chicken.
- Cut around the bone close to the knobby end of the drumstick. Cut through the meat tendons and sinews and then press the meat down firmly to form a lollipop. Pull the skin and cartilage off the knobby end of the drumstick and clean it up with a knife or kitchen scissors.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around the meat of the chicken drumstick. You should be able to wrap the bacon around twice.
- Set the smoker to 250F.
- Gently place the lollipops on the smoker rack so that the bacon does not unwrap.
- Smoke the chicken for about 2 hours, or until the bacon is browned and the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
© Copyright 15 November, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved