The magic to these bacon-wrapped smokies bites is in the sauce. A scrumptious combination of ketchup, brown sugar, sauce, and garlic powder give each bite a wonderful sweet and smoky flavor. The smokiness of the bacon and the sticky sweet flavor of the sauce is perfect.
Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 16 oz package of little smokies
- 15 slices bacon, each cut into 3 smaller sections
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper more or less, according to your tastes
- pinch of black pepper
- Prepare a jelly roll pan, with a layer of aluminum foil, lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Pat sausages dry with a paper towel and wrap each individual sausage with a piece of the cut bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Add brown sugar, cayenne, and black pepper to a large resealable plastic bag. Use a spoon to combine the sugar with seasonings.
- Add several bacon-wrapped sausages, seal bag and shake gently to coat. Repeat with all remaining sausages.
- Line sugar rubbed sausages on a prepared baking sheet and bake 30 -35 minutes until bacon is browned. For some extra crispness, broil for a couple of minutes after baking.