Baked Garlic Parmesan Pork Chops is one of those everyone-should-know-how-to-make recipes and somehow still rivals a restaurant-quality meal. It’s easy, juicy and delicious and comes together quickly. In fact, it’s hard to mess up!
Baked Garlic Parmesan Pork Chops
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1″ thick
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- olive oil
- If brining the pork chops: place the 4 tablespoons of salt into a shallow dish big enough to fit the chops in a single layer. Add boiling water. Stir to dissolve salt. Add cold water. Stir. Add pork chops. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine bread crumbs, seasoning and parmesan cheese on a plate.
- Pat dry each chop with paper towels and rub each with olive oil and dredge in the coating.
- Press the mixture over the pork chops to make sure they are well covered in it.
- Heat a large (oven safe) skillet over high heat.
- Pour olive oil to coat. Add pork chops to the pan and cook for 3- 4 minutes, until golden brown on one side.
- Flip the pork chops, and immediately place the skillet in the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Chops will get browned, but You can also finish them off under the broiler for a minute or two to get them extra browned on top
- Serve immediately with a veggie like these delicious fresh broccoli that I steamed.