Baked Scotch Eggs
- 1 lb chicken, turkey or pork Italian sausage
- 4-5 large eggs, hard boiled
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- Remove meat from casing. one large sausage should cover 1 egg
- Roll the eggs in flour. (this helps the meat stick to the egg)
- Wrap each egg evenly in a portion of meat, being sure they are covered completely. roll it around in your hands a bit to ensure even sausage coating.
- Beat the remaining egg in a small bowl
- Dip each egg/sausage ball in the beaten egg then coat thoroughly in breadcrumbs.
- Bake until golden brown on a cookie sheet at 375°F; about 30 minutes. mine took about 35 minutes
© Copyright 25 June, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved