Potato fries are known to be one of the most preferred side dish worldwide. If sweet potatoes are used and they are baked, not fried, the dish is definitely healthier, full of nutrients and guilty free. For me this is one of the best way to accustom kids with sweet potatoes.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: medium
- Makes 4 servings
- 2 pounds (900g), about 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp (28g) oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp (12g) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (3g) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (5g) salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp (1g) dried basil
- 1/4 cup (60g) sour cream
- 1/2 tsp (3g) mustard
- 2 tbsp (30g) sweet chili garlic sauce
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into ¼ inch (6mm) slices and then each slice into ¼ inch (6mm) sticks. Place the sticks into a large bowl.
- Add cornstarch, garlic,basil, cumin, salt, pepper, and toss to coat. Add oil and toss until all sticks are well coated.
- Spread the sticks in a single layer into the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes,until golden brown and crisp, flipping the fries with a spatula after the first 15 minutes.
- If you bake the 2 sheets at the same time rotate after the first 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking prepare the dipping sauce.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream with mustard and chili sauce and set aside until ready to use.
Serve warm and spread extra Parmesan if desired.