Banana chocolate muffins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (180g) honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 11/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (165g) chocolate hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and lightly grease a 12 hole (1/3-cup capacity) muffin pan, or line with paper cases.
- Using electric beaters, beat the butter and honey until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in the banana.
- Sift the flour and a pinch of salt over the banana mixture and fold through until combined. Divide among muffin pans.
- Place 1 heaped tsp chocolate hazelnut spread on top
- Using a knife, swirl the chocolate hazelnut spread through the batter a little. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave in the pans for 5 minutes, then lift out and place onto a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
Around The Globe