To make chocolate curls, hold Vegetable Peeler across the narrow side of a 1-oz (30-g) square of semi-sweet baking chocolate. Using even pressure, push the blade away from you to create curls.
This dessert can be prepared through Step 3 several hours in advance. Just before serving, garnish as recipe directs in Step 4.
Banana Cream Brownie Squares
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) dry roasted peanuts, divided
- 1 pkg (15-17 oz or 450 g) brownie mix (plus ingredients to make brownies)
- 3 medium bananas, divided
- 1 pkg (3.4 oz or 102 g) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) cold milk
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided (3 cups/750 mL)
- Chocolate curls (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Chop peanuts using Food Chopper. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions; stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the peanuts. Pour into Square Baker or Small Baker. Bake according to package directions or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Using Egg Slicer Plus®, slice two of the bananas; place in single layer over brownie. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine pudding mix and milk; whisk just until mixture begins to thicken. Gently fold in 2 cups (500 mL) of the whipped topping. Spread pudding mixture over bananas. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Slice remaining banana. Sprinkle remaining peanuts over pudding mixture. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping. Cut dessert into squares; garnish with whipped topping, banana slices and chocolate curls, if desired.
- Slice remaining banana. Garnish each square with banana slices, chocolate curls, if desired, and a strawberry fan. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.