We like to serve this spicy fish dish with plenty of fresh lime wedges.
Basil Halibut with Jalapeno Butter
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 4 6 ounces firm whitefish fillets (such as cod, halibut, or flounder), rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded, and cut into thin strips*
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
- Brush fish with oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. For a gas or charcoal grill, grill fillets on the greased rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add jalapeno peppers; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until tender and just beginning to lightly brown.
- Place fish on plates and top with basil; spoon jalapeno-butter mixture over fish. Serve with lime quarters.