BBQ Shrimp Toasts
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: medium
- Cooking spray,
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 3 tablespoons prepared spicy vinegar barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (3/4-ounce) slices whole-wheat French bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp to pan; cook 4 minutes or until done, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in barbecue sauce; cook 30 seconds. Sprinkle shrimp mixture evenly with salt.
- Brush bread slices evenly with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Broil 1 minute on each side or until toasted. Rub toast slices with cut sides of garlic.
- Toss arugula with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Top toast slices evenly with arugula and shrimp. Sprinkle evenly with pepper.
Around The Globe