Beer Cheese Soup
- Cook Time: 15min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces (1/2 a bottle) pale ale beer
- crumbled feta for garnish
- Crusty bread for serving
- Heat a 4 quart saucepan or dutch oven over medium high heat. Add butter and allow to melt,
- Cook onion in the butter until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour, vegetable stock, milk, and salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Allow to simmer until thickened to your liking, about 8 minutes.
- Add in cheddar and beer and stir to combine. The cheese should melt almost immediately. Cook to heat through about 2 more minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with crumbled feta. Serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!
Around The Globe