Berry Swirl Pound Cake
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons berry preserves
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a standard 9″x 5″ loaf pan.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add the flour mixture in 3 portions, alternating with 2 portions of sour cream. Mix just until combined.
- Stir together the preserves and water.
- Transfer about 1/3 of the batter to the prepared pan. Drizzle half of the preserves mixture on top of the batter. Use a thin knife to swirl the preserves into the batter. Repeat with half of the remaining batter and the remaining preserves. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Around The Globe