Honey Lemon Chicken – so easy to make with just honey, fresh lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and chicken. Perfect for easy entertaining!
Best Easy Honey Lemon Chicken
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. chicken thighs (4 pieces)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Turn the oven to the broil setting (about 450-500 degrees Fahrenheit). Place the chicken skin-side down in a well seasoned cast iron skillet (we use LODGE all the way baby!). Broil for 15 minutes. Flip the chicken over so the skin is facing up – broil for another 15 minutes.
- Make the sauce by whisking the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, sea salt, and oregano together.
- Dip each chicken piece in the sauce (lazy girl pro-tip – you can also just pour or brush a little bit of the sauce over the chicken) and return to the hot oven for a few minutes. The exterior of the chicken should get crispy and golden brown.
- When the chicken is done, set aside. Pour out the drippings from the pan (reserve them!), wipe out any large residual chicken bits, and put the cast iron back on a warm burner. Add a few tablespoons of the reserved chicken drippings and the remaining sauce + honey. Simmer for just a few minutes until the sauce is bubbly and hot. Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread for soaking up the very lemony sauce!