Chunky and comforting soup for a fall or winter meal. This Crockpot Beef and Barley Soup is comfort food at its best!
Best Ever Crockpot Beef and Barley Soup
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 1/2 pounds stew meat, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 8-oz. package sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 32-oz. container beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- Cook stew meat in a large skillet over medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring often. Add onion, garlic, carrots, mushrooms, parsley, salt and pepper and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add contents of the skillet to a crockpot along with beef broth, water, barley, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and diced tomatoes. Mix well and cook on High heat for 4-5 hours or Low heat for 7-8 hours.
Around The Globe