Blackened Salmon is an easy low-carb and keto salmon recipe that can be made in a cast iron skillet or baked in the oven with a homemade blackened seasoning mix in under 15 minutes.
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 ¼ lbs. salmon 5 4-oz. filets
- 2 Tbsp. blackened seasoning mix
- 2 Tbsp butter or dairy-free “butter” sticks
- Lemons optional
- Parsley optional
- Mix together your blackened seasoning ingredients.
- Cut salmon into 5 filets and leave the skin on. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the seasoning mix over the salmon filets.
- Heat up butter, or dairy-free “butter”, in a large cast iron or stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat. Place salmon filets into the skillet flesh side-down and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip filets, cover skillet, and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until the internal temperature in the thickest portion of the filet reaches 145 degrees and fish flakes easily with a fork.. (You can measure this using a meat thermometer.)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with either aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place salmon filets in a single layer and divide cubed butter between the fillets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve blackened salmon immediately with lemon slices and a sprinkle of parsley. Enjoy!