Blueberry Almond Butter Smoothie
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: medium
- 1 1/2 cups (~1 1/2 bananas or 200 g) ripe chunks frozen banana
- 1/2 cup (74 g) frozen blueberries (wild, organic when possible)
- 1 Tbsp (16 g) almond butter (or peanut or sunflower seed butter)
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 Tbsp (12 g) chia seed
- Add frozen banana, blueberries, almond butter, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, and almond milk to a high-speed blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- If it has trouble blending, add a bit more almond milk.
- Then taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more banana (or a bit of stevia) for sweetness, blueberries for fruitiness, almond butter for nuttiness/creaminess, or almond milk to thin.
- To serve: An optional step is to pour a bit of light coconut milk or almond milk into your serving glass(es) first and then top with the smoothie for a swirl effect! Coconut milk is thicker and makes a better swirl, but both work.
- Garnish with additional chia seeds and/or almond butter (optional) and enjoy!