- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) milk
- ½ tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) baking powder
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- Place the butter in the Ceramic Egg Cooker and microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 15–30 seconds, or until melted.
- Add the egg yolk, milk, and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Next add the flour, sugar, and baking powder and mix until the ingredients are incorporated. Fold in the blueberries and lemon zest.
- Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 1 minute or until the top of the muffin springs back when touched. If underdone, microwave for additional intervals of 15 seconds. Eat the muffin directly from the cooker, or run the releasing end of the Cake Tester & Releaser around the outer edges and invert onto a plate.
Nutrients per serving:U.S. Nutrients per serving (1 muffin): Calories 370, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 200 mg, Sodium 140 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 28 g. Protein 6 g
Cook’s Tips:Replacing the egg yolk with 1½ tbsp (22 mL) egg substitute reduces the fat to 6 g and the cholesterol to 15 mg.Reserve the egg white to make a light, fluffy omelet in the Ceramic Egg Cooker.
To make an Orange Chia Microwave Muffin, substitute the blueberries and lemon zest with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of chia seeds and 1 tsp (5 mL) of orange zest.