his one-pan meal is a crowd-pleaser and testament to how 4 ingredients can come together to form a supremely satisfying dish, ready in a flash
Broiled Flat Iron Steak with Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 6 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 6 ounces sweet potato, peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced into thin half-moons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (1-lb.) flat iron steak, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Preheat broiler, with oven rack 6 inches from heat.
- Place Brussels sprouts and potato on a rimmed baking sheet; toss with 1 tablespoon oil, and spread in an even layer. Place a wire rack in pan over vegetables. Rub steak with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, and place on rack in pan over vegetables. Sprinkle steak with 1 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and half of pepper.
- Broil 10 minutes. Turn steak over; drizzle with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, and sprinkle with remaining thyme, salt, and pepper. Broil about 5 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove steak from pan, and let stand 5 minutes. Cut across the grain into thin slices. Place vegetables in a bowl; pour in pan juices, and toss to coat