- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 15oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp vegan butter (or just use more oil)
- 1 Tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup hot sauce – I used Cholula
- Optional adds: smoky paprika, pinch of salt and pepper, cayenne
- Warm a large skillet over high heat.
- When skillet is warm, add the oil and chickpeas. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the chickpeas start to brown a bit. A minute into cooking, add in the vegan butter. Stir well to coat chickpeas in the oil/melted butter.
- When chickpeas are looking a bit browned you can add in one tablespoon of the nutritional yeast – sprinkle evenly over top. Then add in the maple or agave syrup. stir a bit. Turn heat to medium.
- Add in the other tablespoon of nutritional yeast and pour all the hot sauce over top. Toss chickpeas gently so that they are all coated in sauce and nicely textured from the nutritional yeast too. Turn off the heat.
- Allow them to sit in the hot pan for about 2-3 minutes to rest before serving.
- Optional: Add salt and pepper, smoky paprika and cayenne to taste.