I guess that by now you have seen a nourish bowl a.k.a Buddha bowl on the blogs, in health food restaurants on in your Instagram feed. A nourish bowl is a bowl full of healthy, tasty, nutritious ingredients, mostly plant-based. It contains all macronutrients you need – carbs, protein, and good for you fats. It’s a big bowl of salad which, thanks to high-quality protein and fat, satisfy you for hours.
A nourish bowl is a great lunch choice, ingredients can be prepared ahead of time, and there are many versions you can make. It’s an excellent way to use whatever leftovers and ingredients you have in the fridge, freezer, or pantry. You can make a nourish bowl every day of the week, and it can always taste differently. All ingredients can be all raw vegetables, nuts, and seeds, as well as roasted or grilled vegetables from the past weekend.
Building Blocks of a Nourish Bowl
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- big handful of salad mix
- 5 cm long piece of cucumber
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/4 cup cooked black lentils
- black sesame seeds
- 1 heaping tablespoon of hummus
- Place the salad leaves on the bottom of your bowl.
- Layer rest of the vegetables and lentils on top of the greens.
- Add a tablespoon of hummus.
- Garnish with chives and black sesame.