Butter mochi is a classic Hawaiian treat made with coconut milk and flour. This recipe makes a baking pan full of butter mochi, so you’ll want to bring this to a potluck.
Butter mochi recipes are famously with hardly any measurements required: one stick of butter, a box of glutinous rice flour, a can of evaporated milk, a can of coconut milk, and some sugar.
Butter Mochi is Sweet, Chewy and Stretchy
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 box (16oz) Rice Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 can (14oz) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a 9×13 inch pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, honey, vanilla extract, evaporated milk and coconut milk. Slowly whisk in extra virgin olive oil.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry mix and stir well, until the batter is smooth.
- Add batter to the greased pan and bake in the oven for 1 hour, until the edges are golden brown.
- Take the pan out of the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Cut into bite-size pieces and serve.