- Cook Time: 40 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 -2 tablespoon cooking spray
- maple syrup, for serving
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs on medium speed until frothy.
- Add the buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and beat on medium speed just until blended. (You may have a few lumps, but don’t worry about it).
- You can also mix this together using a wooden spoon or whatever you have.
- Heat lightly greased griddle at 350 degrees.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter onto griddle for each pancake.
- Cook until the tops of the pancakes are covered with tiny bubbles and the batter is set, about 4-6 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until the undersides are golden brown, about 4 minutes more.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Around The Globe