Let’s use our kitchens as a resource and make candied nuts, shall we? Who doesn’t love the gift of food?!
Candied Spiced Nuts (1 Pan!)
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup (100 g) raw pecans
- 1 cup (120 g) raw walnuts
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (20 g) melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (24 g) coconut sugar, plus more for topping
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Healthy pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) maple syrup, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C).
- Add pecans and walnuts to a bare (or parchment-lined) baking sheet and top with oil, coconut sugar, cinnamon, cayenne, nutmeg, salt, and 1 Tbsp maple syrup. Toss to coat.
- Bake for a total of 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and fragrant, tossing/stirring once at the halfway point to ensure even cooking.
- Then remove from oven and immediately drizzle with remaining 1 Tbsp maple syrup. I also like to sprinkle on a little more salt, cinnamon, and coconut sugar to coat, but this is optional.
- Stir to combine/coat and enjoy warm or let dry/cool completely on the pan (they’ll crisp up as they dry/cool) before storing in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2-3 weeks (or in the freezer up to 1 month).
- These make an excellent snack or topper for things like smoothies, salads, oats, baked oatmeal, pancakes, and roasted sweet potatoes. They also make a lovely gift! Portion into small jars, tie with ribbon or twine, and give the gift of plant-based goodness.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 of 8 (1/4 cup) servings. The recipe yields 2 cups total.
Serving size: 1/4 cup (1 of 8 servings) Calories: 226 Fat: 20.3 g Saturated fat: 3.6 g Carbohydrates: 9.7 g Sugar: 6.6 g Sodium: 59 mg Fiber: 2.4 g Protein: 5 g