I love this cake! And I can brag it .This carrot cake turns carrot cake haters into carrot cake lovers. Believe it or not I didn’t used to like carrot cake and now because of this cake, it is my favorite! You have to try this cake. Thank you
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 3 eggs
- 175ml sunflower oil
- 180g brown sugar
- 3 carrots, finely grated
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 180g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (50g) walnuts, toasted, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base and sides of a 23cm cake pan.
- Combine the eggs, oil and sugar in a bowl and beat to combine. Stir in the carrot and orange zest.
- Sift in the dry ingredients, then add the walnut and stir gently to combine.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.