- 12 frozen puff pastry shells, unthawed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/4 cups grated Fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 to 5 green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the frozen pastry shells on the baking sheet and bake until they puff and become golden brown, about 20 minutes. Using a small knife, cut out the center of the pastry shells.
- Meanwhile, stir the cream, milk, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the spinach, cheese, Parmesan, and green onions. Spoon the spinach mixture into the baked pastry shells.
- Bake until the pastries are golden brown and the filling is hot, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer the pastries to a platter and serve.
Around The Globe