Cheese latkes are a traditional Hanukkah food, but they’re great any time. Light, smooth and gently sweet, they’re tasty little bites.
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 oz cream cheese 55g (approx 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese 8 tbsp
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour 70g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp suga
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Put everything in a food processor and blend so they are well combined but still with a little bit of texture.
- Warm a medium-large skillet or griddle over a medium heat and brush lightly with oil. Drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture on to the pan spreading out slightly in to circles with the back of the spoon. Only cook around 4-6 at a time to save overcrowding the pan.
- Cook for around 2-3 minutes on the first side until you can see it starting to brown slightly around the edge. Flip over then cook another minute or two on the other side. Both sides should be a nice golden brown.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture then serve with cinnamon sugar, maple syrup or jam and sour cream, as you prefer.