Cheesy Enchilada Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Old EL Paso green chiles
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce, Medium
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with foil (we love REYNOLDS!) and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat ground beef over medium high heat, crumbling as you cook.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and stir until well coated. Toss in the onions and allow to cook with the beef.
- When beef is almost cooked through and onions begin to become transluescent, stir in the green chiles and enchilada sauce. Turn off heat. Set aside.
- Cut the top off each pepper and hollow out the inside; removing ribs and seeds. Place each pepper on the baking sheet.
- To stuff each pepper, start with several spoonfuls beef, then half cup cheese, then fill nearly to the top with beef. Top with another 1/2 cup cheese (depending on size of the pepper, 1/4 cup cheese would be enough. Whatever covers the top to your liking), and place the top back on the pepper. Repeat with remaining peppers.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is melty.
- Serve immediately with sour cream and cilantro if desired.
© Copyright 22 July, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved