These cookies are so delicious, I had to share the recipe with you. The addition of old-fashioned rolled oats gives these cookies their delectable chewiness, and it’s impossible to stop at just one.
Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 Cups (300g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (250g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 & 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup (180g) bittersweet (dark) chocolate chips (or chocolate cut up into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup (90g) white chocolate chips
- 1 cup (100g) coarsely chopped lightly toasted walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.In a large bowl, beat together the butter and both sugars with an electric mixer on high speed until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until just combined after each addition.
- With mixer on low, beat in the vanilla, the mixed dry ingredients and the oats. Using a spatula, stir in both types of chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Shape the dough into cookies the size of golf balls and place about 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.