Chicken and sweet corn soup
- 3 cups (750ml) Coles Real Chicken Stock
- 2cm-piece ginger, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 500g Coles Australian RSPCA Approved Chicken Breast Fillets (from the deli), halved horizontally
- 2 teaspoons Coles Cornflour
- 420g can Coles Creamed Corn
- 2 teaspoons Coles Soy Sauce
- 1 extra-large Coles Australian Free Range Egg, lightly whisked
- Combine stock, ginger, garlic, half the spring onion and 2 cups (500ml) water in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to the boil. Add chicken. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 mins.
- Remove from heat. Set aside, covered, for 10 mins. Remove chicken and finely shred.
- Combine cornflour and 1 tabelspoon cold water. Strain the broth. Discard solids. Return to pan. Bring to the boil.
- Add corn, soy sauce and cornflour mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until soup thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat. Gradually stir in egg in a thin, steady stream. Stir in the chicken.
- Serve with remaining spring onion.
© Copyright 16 July, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved