This simply delicious chicken casserole recipe features wholesome flavours blended with chorizo. A traditional hot pot casserole that feeds four people in under one hour.
Chicken & Chorizo Casserole
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1kg chicken thigh, skin removed
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 onions and garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 green capsicum and celery stalk, diced
- 1 x 425g can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 Continental Salt Reduced Stock Pot Chicken
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 x 400g can canned butter beans, drained
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy based pan, brown chicken and chorizo; set aside.
- Lower the heat, add onions, garlic, celery and capsicum and fry gently until vegetables are softened.
- Add tomatoes, Stock Pot, vinegar and sugar. Return chicken and chorizo to the casserole. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Add butter beans and reheat gently.