Chicken Dum Biryani is yet another culinary treasure. This easy Chicken Dum Biryani is one of the delicious chicken recipes, which is prepared by cooking chicken and rice in steam. Coupled with flavors of spices delicately combined with rice and chicken makes an aromatic combination that is hard to resist.
To make this Biryani recipe, all you need is chicken and basmati rice. Loaded with ghee, this recipe is known for its aroma and is cooked using an earthen or a copper pot.
Chicken Dum Biryani
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 kg – Chicken
- 1 kg – Rice
- 1 bunch – Coriander leaves
- 4 to 5 – Onions
- 3 tbsp – Ginger Garlic paste
- 1.5 tbsp – chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp – Turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp – Chicken masala
- 2 tbsp – coriander powder
- Whole Garam Masala
- 3 to 4 – biriyani leaves
- 1 cup – Curd
- Clean the chicken and add chili powder, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, chicken masala, and curd.
- Keep aside for about 30 minutes.
- Add enough oil and fry finely chopped onions till golden brown color. Remove from oil.
- Now drop the marinated chicken in that oil and keep it aside.
- Take rice in another vessel, add whole garam masala, biryani leaves, salt and allow it to cook.
- When rice is half cooked, strain it.
- Cook the chicken and add pudina and coriander leaves.
- Add half the boiled rice and fried onions.
- Add remaining rice and onions layer by layer and cover the vessel with a lid.
- Reduce flame and cook for 40 min.