Chicken Pesto Sandwich Ring
- 2 packages (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 2/3 cup spoonable salad dressing (see Cook’s Tip)
- 1/3 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon Lemon Pepper Rub
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed and stemmed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place dough, seam side down, on Large Round Stone with Handles. Join ends of dough together to form 1 large ring.
- Using Bread Knife, make 8 diagonal cuts, 1/2-inch deep, on top of dough. Using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush, lightly brush dough with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 26-30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove bread to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.
- Prepare grill for cooking at medium temperature. Brush chicken with 1 teaspoon of the remaining olive oil; season lightly with salt and black pepper. Slice bell peppers into 1/2-inch-thick strips; toss with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in Classic Batter Bowl. Place chicken and bell peppers on grid of grill. Grill, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and bell pepper strips are tender, turning occasionally using BBQ Tongs; remove from grill; cool slightly.
- Cut chicken into thin slices. Combine salad dressing, pesto and seasoning mix.
- To assemble sandwich, cut bread in half horizontally with Bread Knife. Using Small Spreader, spread half of the pesto mixture over cut side of bread bottom; cover with spinach leaves. Arrange sliced chicken evenly over spinach; top with bell pepper strips. Spread remaining pesto mixture over cut side of bread top; place over bottom half. Cut into 8 wedges with Bread Knife.
© Copyright 21 November, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved