Chicken Rice Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. baby carrots, thinly sliced
- 8-oz. package sliced mushrooms
- 3 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Meat from 1 Rotisserie chicken
- 64 oz. chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, carrots, mushrooms, jalapenos, garlic and parsley. Cook, stirring, for 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add contents of skillet to a large crock pot. Add chicken and broth. Cook on Low heat for 6 hours. At the four-hour mark, add the rice. Serve warm with a crusty bread.
© Copyright 21 November, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved