Pound the chicken breasts thin for this springy Chicken Saltimbocca so they cook quickly and evenly.
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 thin slices pancetta
- 4 6 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram or oregano leaves
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a very large skillet heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add pancetta slices; cook 30 to 60 seconds or until they start to brown. Remove from skillet. Increase heat to medium-high.
- Season chicken with 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper. Add chicken to skillet; cook 4 to 5 minutes until golden. Turn; cook 1 minute more. Transfer to a shallow baking pan. Top with 1 Tbsp. marjoram and the pancetta.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is done (165 degrees F). Meanwhile, in a medium bowl toss together fennel and onion. Drizzle with remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil; season with 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle with remaining marjoram.