Chicken Spinach Pesto Noodle Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 5 ounce package baby spinach
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 3 ounce packages ramen noodles (any flavor)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Lemon zest (optional)
- In a large skillet heat the 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 15 minutes or until done (165 degrees F), turning once. Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender combine half of the spinach, 1/2 cup of the walnuts, the 1/2 cup oil, the garlic, and salt. Cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board; cover to keep warm. Add the water to the skillet. Bring to boiling. Break up noodles and add to skillet (discard seasoning packets). Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up noodles. Stir in remaining spinach and the spinach pesto until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
- Cut chicken into bite-size strips. Stir into noodle mixture. Top with the remaining nuts, the Parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper, and, if desired, lemon zest.
© Copyright 15 November, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved