Chili lime baked chicken wings are in da house! Yep baked, so you don’t have to worry about all those extra calories from frying. But… Still so good and still taste just as finger-licking good as it’s less-than-healthy fried cousin.
Chili Lime Baked Chicken Wings
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 32 Chicken Drumettes, skin on
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1 Tomato quartered
- 3 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Chipotle in Adobo
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to broil (on the high setting). Position the oven rack to fall about 6 to 8 inches below the broiling element. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray or coat with additional oil.
- Place the Lime Juice, Tomato, Garlic Cloves, Cinnamon, Chipotles, Sugar, Olive Oil, and Salt in a food processor and process until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Rub the Chicken Drumettes with the chili sauce and spread out in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil for 10 to 12 minutes, then flip and coat again with remaining sauce. Broil for another 10 to 12 minutes. The wings are done when the skin is crispy and the meat pulls easily away from the bones.
- Pour any leftover sauce over the wings and toss to coat or use as a dipping sauce.