Chipas also known as cheese bread or cheese bread, are yummy melt in your mouth warm breads made with cheese and chipas or cassava starch
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 3/4cups cassava flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/4cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 10teaspoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine the cassava flour, baking powder, and salt, mixing well.
- Mix in the cheeses and the butter. Add the eggs and blend until dough has formed.
- Add 8 teaspoons of milk and mix well. The dough should be compact and lightly moist; if needed, add one or two more teaspoons of milk.
- Form 1.5-inch balls and place them on a greased baking tray, leaving a couple of inches between them.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes or until the chipas are slightly browned.