Keep phyllo sheets covered with plastic wrap while working on a recipe. Otherwise, phyllo may dry out and crack, becoming unusable.
Chocolate-Banana Phyllo Bundles
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 5 small bananas, sliced
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package thawed, frozen phyllo dough (20 sheets)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Thawed, frozen whipped topping, additional hot fudge ice cream topping and powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grate chocolate morsels using Rotary Grater. Combine chocolate and ice cream topping in Classic Batter Bowl. Coarsely chop almonds using Food Chopper; set aside. Slice bananas using Egg Slicer Plus®.
- For each phyllo bundle, place one sheet of phyllo on large work surface and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place second sheet of phyllo over first, pressing sheets together to seal. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture evenly over one narrow edge of phyllo using Adjustable Measuring Spoon. Arrange banana slices (about half of one banana) evenly over chocolate mixture. Fold bottom edge of phyllo up over banana slices. Fold sides of phyllo in toward center. Gently roll up phyllo from bottom to top. Repeat with remaining phyllo dough, chocolate mixture and banana slices.
- Place phyllo bundles, seam sides down, onto Large Round Stone with Handles; lightly spray with canola oil using Kitchen Spritzer, and sprinkle with almonds. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown. Remove from oven; serve warm. If desired, serve with a dollop of whipped topping; drizzle additional ice cream topping over bundles and sprinkle with powdered sugar.