As you saw in Monday’s post, chocolate and cherries create a beloved classic combination of flavors, especially at Valentine’s Day. (That’s tomorrow, by the way). What is more awesome than chocolate covered cherries? Okay, maybe chocolate covered strawberries, but today is Humpday and that usually means Happy Hour here at Cork and Spoon.
Not a problem, seeing as I love to make fun cocktails and I have been DYING to try out chocolate vodka! Why you may ask. Well, I find it a perfect, lower calorie option for chocolicious flavor in place of a cream based chocolate liqueur. Enter this beautiful, ruby red gem, which is a delightful blend of chocolate vodka, black cherry juice, and the delicious fizz of dry sparkling wine. It even looks like Valentine’s Day! I think it will be perfect whether you are celebrating tomorrow’s holiday with a candle lit dinner or with an ex’s effigy burning!
Chocolate Cherry Kiss Martini – A Valentine’s Day Cocktail
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1.5 ounces chocolate vodka + 1 teaspoon
- 1 ounce black cherry juice
- 1.5 ounces sparkling wine or enough to top off (use Proseco if you prefer sweeter cocktails)
- 1 ounce dark chocolate
- ice cubes
- frozen black cherries (optional)
- Place dark chocolate on a small, evenly surfaced plate with 1 teaspoon of chocolate vodka. Heat in microwave at 50% power for 20 second intervals until chocolate is melted. Stir to create an evenand smooth chocolate sauce.
- Take a martini glass and hold it at an angle. Dip edge into chocolate sauce and slowly twist glass until entire rim is coated in chocolate.
- If using frozen cherries, place one in each glass. Set glasses in refrigerator until cocktail is ready.
- Add ice to your cocktail shaker and pour in the remaining chocolate vodka and black cherry juice. Close shaker and give it a shake until surface is chilled. Pour into martini glass(es).
- Top off each martini glass with the sparkling wine.
- Toast to love…
- HAPPY VALENTINES DAY.