Chocolate Chip Pistachio Pound Cake
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 & 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped*
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachios (unsalted), roughly chopped*
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9″x 5″ loaf pan.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Combine the milk and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add the eggs and egg yolks. Mix in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture in three portions, alternating with two portions of the milk mixture. Mix until you still see a few streaks of flour remaining.
- Add the chocolate and pistachios, and stir just until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, and spread evenly. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Then transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
Around The Globe