This moist and fluffy vegan pumpkin loaf is studded with chocolate chips. Loads of pumpkin spice flavor in every bite.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Loaf
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 4 Tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup pastry or all purpose flour
- 1/2 – 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Grease loaf pan: 2 tsp virgin coconut oil or vegan butter
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease loaf pan with coconut oil or vegan butter.
- Add all the wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl and hand whisk or beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Add all the dry ingredients and whisk or beat in until a fluffy and thick batter forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan. Smooth top.
- Turn oven to 375 and bake for 40-50 minutes or until top if firm and golden in color and center cooked through (toothpick test.)
- Allow to cool for an hour before slicing and serving.