Thick and creamy homemade chocolate mousse made with just a few 4 simple ingredients, whipped into a perfectly fluffy chocolate dessert.
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut, almond, or cherry extract (optional)
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips with 2/3 cup of the cream and the corn syrup.
- Once melted and smooth, stir in vanilla and flavored extract, if using.
- Stir in remaining 1 1/3 cup cream and stir to combine.
- Place in a glass or metal bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- When chilled, beat with electric mixer until whipped and light, about 3 minutes.
- Place in serving dishes or ramekins and serve cold.
- Garnish with additional whipped cream and/or chocolate shavings if desired.